A business and government relations consultant, Adam Drybrough focuses on strategic planning services for the real estate sector. Adam Drybrough also offers consultation for online marketing and business development, such as search engine optimization (SEO) for online content. The following tips cover basic SEO considerations.
1. Update content regularly. Make a habit of adding new content to your website on a regular basis in order to keep it fresh and relevant. Search engines tend to prefer newer text, so consider adding content at least once a month.
2. Choose keywords carefully. Take time to carefully consider the keywords you use and pay particular attention to relevancy and customer consciousness. The keywords should be directly related to your business or services and tailored toward the kinds of customers who may seek that business or service.
3. Utilize internal links. Including a link to another part of your website on every page can boost your website’s visibility on search engine results.
4. Write with people in mind. Do not place more emphasis on generating better search results than on engaging content. Create content that pulls people in with the information provided and encourages return visits.
5. Include keywords in URLs. Leaving keywords out of your URL will result in the .com address being followed by a series of numbers, letters, and other characters that do not reflect your website’s services or products. The presence of keywords in the URL enables a search engine to better understand the page’s content.